I was kindly nominated for the Liebster Award by Christine from Yoga Berry, another new blogger who is a Yoga enthusiast, teacher in training and mum of two under three. She started blogging 3 months ago about her interest in yoga and her 2 gorgeous tiddlers, 11 months and 2.5 years. I’d never heard of this award so after looking it up I’ve completed this post following the official rules, which are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here goes! I was set the following questions to answer:
1. What are 3 things you learned in 2014
1) Learning to just accept when things don’t go to plan… I like to know what’s happening and when. I like to have a plan. This was before my baby came along in September 2013 so 2014 has been learning to accept that with a baby things just don’t always go to plan. Like when a nap fails or a reflux puke occurs as we’re leaving the house.
2) Always ALWAYS have a full change of clothes for the tiddler… 3 words… plane, poo, pantless. I’ve also been caught short without a spare nappy. Mummy fail!
3) The importance of quality time spent with your other half… the arrival of a newborn makes spending time together really hard and when you do get round to it it’s so easy just to talk about the baby and baby related stuff… or just fall asleep. It’s a highly emotive time and very easy to get stressed with each other. I always snap up any babysitting offers as I love just going out and being a ‘couple’ with my husband. We usually make a rule not to talk about the tiddler.
2. When did you decide to start blogging?
Shortly before Christmas 2014 when my husband finally wore me down. Since we first had a baby he’s been telling me I should have a blog about my experience of becoming a mummy. I wrote a diary and he likes the way I write so I finally gave in to the nagging and started this page about 3 weeks ago! I’ve got to say it’s one of the best things I’ve done. I love it! Blogging it very therapeutic too.
3. What is your favourite blog?
Of the blogs I’ve read the most witty has to be ‘New years Resolutions for a Mother aged 37 and a bit’ written by Brummymummyof2. I love the style this is written in and can relate to it.
4. What would you do tomorrow if it was your last day?
Eat loads of unhealthy food that I love like sticky toffee pudding or sticky bbq ribs because it wouldn’t matter if I got fat!! I’d also have to have a big party with my family and friends, all the people I love. Preferably a BBQ party on a hot beach!
5. Who do you admire and why?
People who have more than 1 child! I would love another tiddler when the time’s right but sometimes I do wonder how I will cope as having 1 seems hard enough work and our days seem to revolve around her. Am sure going from 1 to 2 is probably less life-changing than just having a 2nd.
6. What is your favourite cake?
Carrot cake, best fresh out of the oven when it’s still soft and warm.
7. What are 3 things you would like to do or learn if you had all the time and money in the world?
1) Go on a cruise. Preferably one that goes around some gorgeous tropical islands where you can stop off to enjoy the white sandy beaches and swim in the sea.
2) Tennis lessons. Loved playing tennis at school and was in the girls team but since leaving I’ve not had the money or taken the time to keep it up so would love to have lessons again.
3) Visit Ramsey Street! I’m a secret Neighbours fan (ssshhh…sad, I know…) and aside from the fact that I’d love to visit Australia, I would love to go to Ramsey Street and go on the Neighbours night while I’m there.
8. What book have you really enjoyed reading in 2014?
Oh dear… is it sad that it’s a baby book? Read quite a few but learnt the most from “Secrets of a Baby Whisperer” by Tracy Hogg and Melinda Blau
9. What’s your favourite snack?
Roll mop herrings!
10. What did you want to be when you were a child?
I loved my rabbits so wanted to be a vet. Then I realised it wasn’t just about looking after cute fluffy animals and you needed higher grades than I was expected so I changed my mind and am now a Physiotherapist.
11. What is your blog post that you most enjoyed writing so far? (send me a link)
I’ve not written many yet but so far the one that was most enjoyable and fun to write was 10 signs you’re a mummy to a toddler at Christmas.
11 random facts about myself
1) I got into the finals of a cooking competition at school and met Lloyd Grossman. I won a cooker and a holiday for my family.
2) I hate cucumber but love gerkins.
3) I didn’t get my ears pierced til I was 18.
4) I got Tim Henman’s autograph at Wimbledon… It rained all day so we didn’t see any tennis.
5) I’m a Christian and attend a church in Liverpool where I play the flute.
6) I’d never left Europe until 2012 when I went to Mexico with my husband.
7) I met my husband when he moved into the house across the street.
8) I love to snack on roll mop herrings.
9) I’m booked to see SClub 7 in May 2015!
10) I like outdoor water swimming and swam in the Albert Dock, Liverpool with the jelly fish in a team triathlon.
11) I badly cut the inside of my leg as a child whilst jumping over a barbed wire fence.
I would like to nominate the following fellow parenting bloggers who have fewer followers:
11 questions for you to answer:
1) When and why did you start blogging?
2) If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
3) What’s your favorite blog that you’ve read?
4) What blog have you most enjoyed writing? (Provide a link)
5) Apart from blogging, do you have any other hobbies?
6) Name 3 things that would be included to make a good night out?
7) What would be your last meal?
8) Who inspires you?
9) What are the last 2 TV programmes you have watched?
10) What’s the last film you watched and what did you think of it?
11) Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
I look forward to hearing your answers! Then tweet your blog and encourage other new bloggers to do the same. Happy new year!